I am Mohar, living and working in Calgary for the past 4 years. Originally from Kolkata, India has been moved to Calgary in 2014. I am a professional textile designer and an emerging artist. I got my post graduate from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT, India) for Textile Design and Development. I started my career in painting in Australia. Since childhood my favorite hobby is art.
I love painting and crafting and I still do. My style of art is to create different textures with all sorts of materials and acrylic paints. Painting makes me feel happy and relaxed and looking at the finished piece of art makes me feel satisfied. I began regularly showing my work In Calgary in 2017 when I participated in Art from the Unknown organized by Rachel Notley.
Experienced art instructor and textile designer.
Highlights of Qualifications
- Post graduation in textile design and development.
- Experienced in working as art instructor.
- Specialized in creative weaving.
- Mixed media art with acrylic painting.
Art instructor. Calgary. 05/2016 till date
- Teaching basic sketching, perspective drawing.,shading.
- Work experience with mix media and acrylic painting.
- Theory of elements and principal of art.
- Knowledge of colours . Working with different medium of colours.
- Excellent in communication.
Designer and Artist. Melbourne . 01/2008 to 06/2013
- Design bridal embroidery and execute with customer.
- Acrylic painting.
- Working on “Sangam project “in Melbourne .
- Volunteer in Weavers service centre Melbourne.
Designer Niswet Export Kolkata,India. 01/2005 to 12/2006
- Design and development of hand woven scarf.
- Design and development of embroidery on Apparel for Middle East country.
Designer JJ Spectrum Silk Ltd. Kolkata.India. 01/2004 to 12/2005
- Home furnishing and apparel Jacquard design for European market.
- Creating mood board according to a Colour forecast and execution of development.
Painting, weaving, swimming, helping and caring of people.
Post Graduation textile design and development – 2002
National Institute of Fashion Technology. India.
- Textile technology
- Elements and principles of art
- Colour composition and theory,
- Fashion illustration
- Application of art in textile.
Activity and Honors:
- Exhibition Art from unknown byPremier Rachel Notley in 2017
- Exhibition Canadian Artist for Poor.2018.
- Exhibition The Alchemical Extravaganza.Motion gallery.Calgary.2018.
- Solo exhibition in Louise Riley Library 2019
- Volunteer at Calgary board of education.
- Volunteer at Wee Reads.Calgary.